Alabama Clean Campus Program
With over 550 schools enrolled in 2015-2016, the Alabama Clean Campus Program continues to grow each year, and the dedication and interest from schools, administrators, students and faculty can be accredited for the many successes realized at campuses all across Alabama.
The Alabama Clean Campus Program is designed to involve all Alabama schools in litter control, beautification, recycling and cleanup efforts, which will instill good stewardship and environmental awareness for future generations.
In addition to offering bags, recycling boxes, window decals and Teachers Activity Guides, PALS also employs a full time Clean Campus Coordinator, Jamie Mitchell, who is available to provide on-campus programs for Alabama schools. This progam is offered at no cost to all Alabama schools.
Alabama Clean Campus applications are mailed to all Alabama Schools, using the current AEA mailing list and all schools must re-enroll each year.
All schools registered with the Clean Campus Program have the opportunity to submit their applications for the annual Statewide Clean Campus Competition. Awards in the amounts of $ 1,000, $750 and $ 500 are presented to the winning schools each year at the PALS Governor's Awards Luncheon in November.
For more information or to schedule an on-campus program, please call Jamie Mitchell, Clean Campus Coordinator, at 334-263-7737.
Alabama Farmers Co-Op Article
- June 2016 - Perry County Schools are pitching in to stop litter on campus with some friendly competition
- May 2016 - Pearl Haskew Elementary learns how to keep Alabama’s roadways clean
- April 2016 - Florala High School Key Club is ready to clean up in their community
- March 2016 - Pine Level Elementary is thinking “beyond the trashcan.”
- February 2016 - Pals: Brookwood High School Green Team
- January 2016 - Enthusiasm for the Environment: Hamilton High School students are ready to recycle and reuse
- December 2015 - Hokes Bluff Middle School repurposes recycled products to use in art projects
- November 2015 - Washington Co. elementary schools make great progress in first year of PALS program
- October 2015 - Autaugaville Elementary kicks off the school year by partnering with Alabama PALS Clean Campus Program
- September 2015 - Lakewood Elementary implements rotating maintenance schedule and recycling program
- August 2015 - Montevallo youth campers learn about nature and the enviornment.
- July 2015 - East Elementary School has taken the Clean Campus Program to a new level
- October 2014 - Bluff Park Elementary School starts the year with a PALS visit
- September 2014 - Pals: Troy Elementary Students Add PALS to a Special Learning Experience
- August 2014 - Hidden Lakes Elementary School Students Clean Up Litter Hotspots
- July 2014 - PALS: Respecting the Enviroment: With the students of James Wilson Elementary
- June 2014 - Bluff Park Elementary students engage with PALS to enhance their school
- May 2014 - Hayden Elementary pledges to work for a better environment
- April 2014 - Pearl Haskew Elementary School Students Learn Small Actions Can Add Up
- March 2014 - Students at F. E. Burleson Elementary Junior Master Gardeners are partnering with PALS to make a difference in their school, community and environment
- February 2014 - Rucker Boulevard Elementary Outdoor Classroom Encourages Respect for Environment and Community
- January 2014 - PALS Governor’s Award Winners, Dedicated to a Cleaner, More Beautiful Alabama
- December 2013 - Spanish Fort HS Students PAL with Troop 8170 for Coastal Cleanup
- November 2013 - Prattville Christian Academy Students Partner for an Unlittered Alabama
- October 2013 - Marbury Beta Club Learns to be Green
- September 2013 - PALS and Billingsley School Celebrate Earth Day
- August 2013 - Lakewood Primary Pledges to Reuse, Renew, and Recycle
- July 2013 - Don’t Drop it on Alabama: Almost 1,000 Pine Level Elementary School Students
- June 2013 - Fairfield High Preparatory School Students Consider Carbon Footprints
- May 2013 - Harlan Elementary’s K Kids Partner with PALS to Promote a Clean Campus